Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All my lovers were there with me, all my past and futures


Old friend, lover and fellow dreamer. I don’t know where you are, but this isn't how the story ends. It can't be. There is more for us, I know we'll meet again. Until then, trust that love, respect and deep roots tie us all together. You are so deeply loved and missed already. Your passion for art, music and community lingers on...

I lost an old friend just the other day. The details are tragic, heartbreaking and sorrow-filled. In the narrative of my heart, he holds the place of many firsts. Michal Majewski was truly a unique soul.

There are many ways to say goodbye, some attend funerals while others mourn quietly alone. I am somewhere in the middle. Yesterday I wrote a letter and tossed it out to sea. Standing on the pier, I made a promise to myself to travel to Poland and visit his homelands. I want to hear familiar hints of his thick Polish accent, commemorate the time we spent together and honour the effect he had upon those lucky enough to know him.

1 comment: